Vacation lessons Part 5

It seems that every day holds challenges for me. I am on a journey with discerning a call that the Lord has given me. The problem is...well, it's me. I enjoy rash decisions, I like to move. Sometimes I move too fast though, getting ahead of God.

Yesterday I was reminded and challenged to wait on God. I was reminded that not waiting on God and His timing yields negative results. How? Abraham.
In Genesis 15:5 we see that God promises Abraham that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars! What and extraordinary promise! Then the problem happened...Abraham. He got inpatient and took it on himself as we see in Genesis 16. Thankfully God still honored his promise to Abraham as we see in Genesis 17.

I have to ask myself, "Do I want to move ahead of God and possibly pay a great price, or should I wait on God and have the great reward?" I immediately answer with "I will wait." But, it is not easy.

Scott Crawford shared "The 5 C's for knowing God's will" and I believe that these will help me to not be rash. We need to have all 5 before pressing on.

1. Gut Conviction
2. Godly Conviction
3. Godly Counsel
4. Circumstances
5. Scripture Confirmation

I am missing one of these C's, I am asking God for it, but I know not to move on this call until God has given it. I am excited for what God is doing in my life. I am challenged to live 100% to His will and plan.

0 comments: