Schick Quattro

Archive from 5.29.08, enjoy.

I have a morning routine: Wakeup, 1 hour of power (quiet time), work out, shower and so on. This morning as I approached my Schick Quattro (razor) the thought came into my mind that this razor was getting a little bit wore out-dull, to some this may not be that big of a deal, to me however, it is, ‘cause when the blades are dull they tear my face up. So, I did what common sense told me to do-I changed the blade cartridge and all is well.

This got me to thinking about my spiritual life. Sometimes, possibly even daily, we as Christians can get a little dull. When we get dull, like the razor we produce negative results.

Matthew 7:17-20
Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

I had 2 choices this morning:
1. Change the blade cartridge and be fine.
2. Shave with dull blades and more than likely hurt myself.

Changing the blade cartridge was not hard whatsoever; it just took an extra minute. Once I did that it was all good.

My thought is that as Christ followers we need to “change the blade cartridge” on a daily basis in order to “produce good fruit.”

Change the blades:
Proverbs 2:1-6
My child, listen to what I say and remember what I command you. Listen carefully to wisdom; set your mind on understanding. Cry out for wisdom, and beg for understanding. Search for it like silver, and hunt for it like hidden treasure. Then you will understand respect for the Lord, and you will find that you know God. Only the Lord gives wisdom; he gives knowledge and understanding.

Don’t be a “dull blade” in this world “change the blade” “bear good fruit.” Do Matthew 6:33 and “Seek His Kingdom first.”

0 comments: