Stuck in the Airport

A friend recently flew from Arkansas to Texas for a few days. All went well, then it came time for the return trip. She got to the airport early to get checked in, all was well. Then she heard it, a sound I'm sure most are familiar with; the airport attendant speaking at 100 mph with so much static you would think it was an am station. All to my friends notice, her flight was delayed. Her whole day was spent in anticipation, every time her flight got re-scheduled it would get delayed another 1-2 hours. Frustrating! Have you been there? She made it home with 30 minutes left in the day. Quite a long day of sitting in an airport.

What made the delays? What makes the delays in any flight? A lot of us have experienced flight delays and most of the time we get upset and forget that there is anyone else on the planet. I think that some of my friends delays were thunder and lightening storms. I don't know about you, I wouldn't want to be trying to get up in a plane in a major storm.

Sometimes plane delays can be caused by mechanical malfunctions, maybe a motor isn't working right, maybe the lift gear isn't working right. Maybe there is oil on the runway. There is a whole list of problems that can be had.

It is easy to say "forget all of those excuses, let's get the plane in the air so I can get home." When in reality, if they really did this you may end up dead and a multimillion dollar aircraft destroyed.

God is drawing me to the next chapter in my life, He is showing me my new calling. I am deep in anticipation, I simply can't wait. I would love to fast forward everything and get to the next chapter in my life, but, I can't.

Can you relate to this?

Have you ever read a book maybe a mystery, this is a book where almost every page counts, if you miss one you miss something important? Imagine taking a whole chapter out. At the end of the book possibly even at the chapter after the one that was removed you would be lost.

This time I am in and you may be in, this time is the time in the airport when all the quirks are getting worked out, this is the chapter that is vital to the book.

Pray for me in this chapter-this time in the airport.

If you are stuck in the airport of life and anticipating your departure to the next place, ask God to open your eyes while you are there. Ask God to help you to see the importance of this chapter.

0 comments: