The Fantastic Life

What is the American dream? What do you work for?

Two cars, big house, BIG but skinny tv, great career(s), tropical vacations, maybe a vacation home, college education for your kids....."Money, Money, Money, Money....MONEY!" (as we have heard on the Donald's "Apprentice")

Most of us work hard, we work to keep the collectors from calling, we work to keep clothes on our kids, food in our mouths, gas in our cars, we work to keep up with the Jones' and maybe, maybe one day get in the lead.

Listen to this: We work to have a great life!
Do you agree with that statement? Be honest. Thanks, I thought you would.

Our level of "great life" for the most part is measured by the car, house, clothes, and blah blah blah that we have right? Our level of "great life" may be measured by the school our kids go to, or maybe by the people we associate with. Have I pushed your button yet?

Growing up poor I definitely fell into this joke, the joke of believing that a great life came from cars, houses and blah blah blah. I believed this with all of my heart I even pursued it for a while, I thought I had made it, boy was I wrong. My "great life" turned out to be nothing more than a pathetic life. Praise God! He delivered me from my "great life" to my pathetic life to now what I call my fantastic life!

Am I rich? Nope, not monetarily. But, I do have a fantastic life, and in that I am rich. God's Word gives us a lot of instruction regarding money, wealth and life. The one verse God has shown me this week is what has caused this whole blog. John 14:6 Jesus said: "I am the way the truth and the life..." Hold up! The point of this Scripture is that no one gets to the Father but through Jesus. But isn't this great!?! We know something the Jones' may not know yet. If we want to have a fantastic life we have to go where? JESUS! We will never get it from money, cars, houses or even from a great vacation home on the beach!

The "fantastic life" does not lie in material gain but in Jesus. Do you have a fantastic life?

0 comments: