Tornado

Have you ever been through a tornado? You might think I am crazy but I want to. Understatement, I want to badly. Of course, I would like to go with the pros and be in one of those armored tornado vehicles. I don't want to die, just go through a tornado.

I can only imagine what it would be like, I automatically think of that movie from years back called "Twister", wow! What a great movie. Just think of the power, the force and the magnitude of a tornado. Incredible!

A tornado seems to uproot everything in its path. If it is not rooted deeply it will go flying, in tornado alley a lot of people have underground shelters to get in. Wasn't it in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy's house went up in a tornado? Crazy!

I love adrenaline. I want to experience a tornado.

God has caused multiple tornado's in my life. Don't go back up to read where I said I've never been in one, these are different. God has taken multiple tornado's and blown my world apart, He has detached everything that He didn't want there, He has literally rocked my world.

What does a town look like after a devastating tornado? Houses are crushed, trees are down, cars are thrown from one side of town to the other. Why would anyone want that? I don't want that, the perfect tornado would be one where there is nothing, just me in a tornado safe car.

What am I saying? God has destroyed my life and torn my house down? No! But, in the same way a tornado comes in and does its work. God has come and changed my life, He has destroyed different parts, He has uprooted some, He has changed my life!

What happens to that town after the tornado destroys everything? They build back, bigger, nicer, newer and better.

Earlier I said that I love adrenaline. No exaggeration, I do, I love it! God has tornado's in my life right now, He is changing me, He is making me the way He wants me, He is preparing me so He can build me bigger, nicer, newer and better.

Are you sitting in the shelter avoiding God's tornado, or are you allowing Him to rock your world?

No matter what, if we sit in the tornado shelter or not, the houses are still blown over, the trees are still uprooted. We have not changed.

Challenge: Get out of your shelter, and into what God wants to do in your life.

0 comments: