Vacation Lessons Part 3

You go to a restaurant, you are seated, your waiter takes forever to come greet you and take your drink order, your drinks take forever to get to you, you wondering how hard it is to pour a glass of diet coke, others are getting their food and you haven't even ordered yet. You are becoming increasingly angry. As each minute passes by your blood begins to boil. Finally, as your last attempt before yelling "waiter" you begin to rise to your feet to go get a manager. As you begin to rise just around the corner comes your waiter. You sit, your veins are popping out of your head, but you for a moment restrain yourself, the waiter takes your order. 5 minutes later you are completely parched because your drink has not been refilled in surely 40 minutes and your blood is hot! You exchange hateful dialogue about your waiter, the restaurant and everything else to your spouse, you make snooty comments and scheme ways to really mess this waiters day up.....

Does this sound familiar? I have been in that seat many times, for some reason this particular seat is very hard to sit in with patience and a "Christian" attitude.

Over the course of this week we have had a lot of fun, we have been away from the "every day" we have been around people that will most likely never see us again. Even though I have not had a case like above...this week. God reminded me this week that no matter where I am, who I'm with, no matter if I think no one will recognize me or ever see me again, I have to represent Jesus wherever I am or wherever I go.

Ephesians 5:15-16 puts this well.

Remember, eyes are everywhere, walk wise.

0 comments: