Real Power

He made a blind man see, He made a lame man walk, He healed a leper and He fed 5000. He brought a man back from dead to life, He walked on water and He defeated death. This man is the most powerful man alive!

Do we believe these instances? Do we believe that this man really did the things the Bible and history reports?

Before you answer with a "yes" step back like I had to. Do you really believe?

I have heard these stories of what Jesus did all of my life. To many people these stories and more are common knowledge. I almost wanted to answer with a "duh" to the question if I really believed what Jesus has done and does do. After introspection I have come to realize that I do really believe...but, at the same time I had not yet realized just how big of a deal it is to believe in the power of Jesus.

This man brought people back to life, He heals people, He delivers people from bad things, He provides for our needs, for crying out loud! HE DEFEATED DEATH!

I am challenged to daily, consciously believe in the power of Jesus! There is so much power in Jesus that even Jesus followers can call on it, we can use it! That is a big deal!

There is power in the name of Jesus!

0 comments: