Self Discipline-Is it real? Part 1

What is self discipline?

How does one enforce self discipline on him/herself if they aren't strong in discipline?

We all need self discipline in each area of our life. Think if we didn't have some level of self discipline in our sleeping, we may just sleep all day long, what could the repercussions be? We could get fired from our job. Without self discipline we could eat to be enormous. Repercussions: obesity possibly death.

Back to the original question: How does one enforce self discipline on him/herself is they aren't strong in discipline?

Do we sometimes do what we don't want to do to get what we want? Do we "pay the price" so we can "play for life"?

I believe for me that self discipline is required in my journey with Jesus, even though I truly want and desire a deep intimate walk with Him, I have to make myself--enforce self discipline to get myself up in the morning. I have to consciously choose to say no to sins and yes Him.

How do we do this? Do we really have enough self discipline to put ourselves into a figurative "timeout" when we don't do right?

0 comments: