Spiritual Language

Have you ever noticed how some people talk when they are in a spiritual setting such as a church group?

Recently I have began to notice how people seem to talk super spiritual when they are in church or especially when they are called on to pray.
We use big super spiritual words, we use scriptures, speak as if we are from the 1800's, we say things like:

"Father, God, Savior, Lord...um I just pray that You would Uh..."

"Oh Sovereign Master thou art Lord, how we love thee."

"Merciful Savior, bestow upon us Your presence"

Don't get hacked off at me, I am not saying we should not say these things or other similar things. We need to be respectful and reverent when speaking to God, we just need to be careful who we are trying to impress with our words.

God speaks English, if we have to think about our sentence structure before we are called on to pray we may need to check who we are praying to.
God knows each of our hearts and minds we don't need to try to talk in a way because that is how we do it, we should just talk to Him.
I caught myself doing this yesterday, I was in a meeting sharing a Scripture and a point, I caught myself being too spiritual...meaning I was using the language to make a point, rather than being real.

If we do need to speak in old King James language to be spiritual, what percentage of the day are we being spiritual?

I am glad God loves me just the way I am. Because I don't have the intelligence or skill to speak so spiritually all of the time.

0 comments: