Cotton Candy Sky Dive

We had a "family night out" last night with everyone on the Missions team. It was fun, we had pizza at Tim's then went to Mamma Moo's (I think that is what it was) and had ice cream.

I selected an ice cream that was blue, I got made fun of for this one. It was called "Cotton Candy Sky Dive" it was good, and it was in fact...blue! As kool-aid colors the mouth so does this ice cream, it was quite interesting! I am happy I got this kind because it caused more laughter among my peers, what can I say? I am just trying to improve the quality of atmosphere!
My teeth were blue, my tongue was blue and my lips were blue. It was worth it!

I couldn't tell that my mouth was blue except that everyone was pointing, laughing and calling jokes. If they hadn't of told me I may not of known to look. I found this interesting. I knew I ate blue ice cream but I didn't know that it was showing. Isn't that how sin is sometimes? We commit sins and expect no one to notice? The problem is just like the ice cream colored my mouth, our sins color our lives.
The good news is that the blue coloring from the ice cream washed away, the best news is that our sins can be washed away too!

I am encouraged by this! Many of us maybe even most of us go through life holding on to certain sins thinking no one will notice. The thing is that those sins are just like blue stains all over our mouths. We don't see it but others do, more importantly, God does.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

I totally think you should post the pic that Doug took to demonstrate your "blueness".