Alarm

We've got this boat that is really great--do you want to buy it? It is a really nice boat, hardly used, around 15 hours on it. It is a Fish and Ski, so it is kind of like a transformer, it can be a bass boat 1 minute, and a ski boat the next.

One of the amenities is a Lawrence depth finder, this is a really nice in dash feature, it tells me how deep the water is and also shows where stuff is at...really handy for the professional fisherman like myself. :)

For some reason this stinking' depth finder has been going off just like an alarm. It is loud and annoying (in the driveway). I don't understand it, I have turned the machine off but it is like it is possessed it just comes right back on and begins screaming at me again. I got a brilliant idea last night as I could not get it to stop. I detached the battery cables! To no avail, evidently it is connected to the trolling motor batteries which are way to hard to get to. So, I finally pulled up the menu and found the volume control and simply turned it down.

This was certainly not the right or permanent fix for this problem. Isn't this similar to what a lot of us do? God has got an alarm going off in our life and instead of getting to the reason for the alarm we just turn the volume down.

God sets alarms off in my life continually to show me where He wants or needs to work, I can turn the volume down, or listen and allow God to work.

Challenge: Stop ignoring the alarms going off in your life, these are here for a purpose.

0 comments: