Tires and Fire

Have you ever over inflated a tire? Most tires have the "max PSI" embedded on the tire wall, for example the max on my car is 35lbs. What happens if I tried to put in say 50 or even 60lbs? It would most likely blow up. Now days tires are so tough and good that you can not hardly tell if you are over inflating it, I have never done it but I would assume that the tire would just all of the sudden blow up. A bike tire on the other hand, this tire is much smaller and easier to judge the...getting ready to blow factor.
Interesting thing about tires; if someone is trying to put too much air into them they will stretch and eventually not take it anymore, they will give push back through the valve or they will simply break.
I have recently been extremely challenged by Jeremiah 20:9. In this verse the author explains feelings that I've had and you may have too. Following Jesus is not the easiest thing in the world, often times it is easier to follow the world than Jesus, that is where it seems the author was at, he was saying..."I just want to take a break from the work of speaking of You." Matter of fact, he was tired, he was tired of getting made fun of and mocked. Does this sound familiar?
But despite of the mocking and the desire to fit in the author puts it plain as day. He says that he can not hold it in any longer, it is like a burning fire deep inside his bones, WOW! Or maybe like a tire getting ready to explode.
This is the way we as Christ Followers should be, we should be a 35 max lb tire with 60lbs of pressure (Christ and His Scripture) inside of us. We should have a fire burning deep inside of our bones wanting out! How powerful is this message!? God is a "consuming fire" has He consumed you? If He has, share Him. If you are over inflated, don't explode but gently release the valve cap and release Godliness and Christ message for many to hear. Just don't shut the Message of Christ inside of you, allow it to consume you but not be trapped inside.
An interesting thing about fire is that consumes everything in it's path. God is a consuming fire are you fanning that fire or are you dumping water on it?
When I read Jeremiah 20:9 I get so excited...it fires me up, I feel the same way, I just have to let His message out, I have to share Him with others, my chest inflates, my throat tightens and my blood pressure increases, the message of Jesus Christ is the most powerful message for anyone to ever hear and we need to kill selfishness and let it out!

0 comments: