A Hand of Joy

Last night my family and I were at Church for a "SERVE" night, where we had a food drive, snack pack packing a blood drive and some odds-n-end work. It was a fun night of serving and fellowship with the church.

The best part for me was early in the evening when we were having dinner. I had a great memorable experience, one that this far into my life I have not experienced before. My 8 1/2 month old daughter took my hand and wrapped her little arm around it as to hug it and with her other hand held mine. Even now thinking of this experience my heart swells with happiness and joy. My daughter loves me! I didn't ask her to hold my hand, I didn't give it to her with intention of leading her to do it, she took it. My daughters are such a blessing to my life!

I think of this experience and swell with joy, at the same time I think of this experience and think of our Savior. Maybe to God, I am like my daughter--when she took my hand. What joy does it give our Heavenly Father when we figuratively take hold of His hand? Just like me with my daughters I could give them my hand, God could easily take our love, but, He receives so much more joy when we give it.

I am challenged! Oh, to please my Father!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

This makes me swell with joy! What a great memory and wonderful insight. I love you!