Vacation Lessons Part 1

What God has taught me through vacation so far.

My wife and I own a time share which if you want to buy it you are welcome to. Anyway, we checked into our resort today, as members or "owners" if you will we got the privilege of doing a "member update" we actually get paid in a way for doing this so we did, plus we were only obligated to go for at max 1 hour. I always start the time with the sales associate by introducing myself and my family then proceeding to tell them that we will not be purchasing MORE points no matter how valuable they are.

Today, everything went as planned. God showed me something new this time around. The sales lady had accepted that we would not be purchasing more, but at the end of our talk she thought of something, she brought in a "sales manager" they teamed and proceeded to attempt to pressure us into the sale, we did not budge, as I promised. They used the "good cop, bad cop" method. Then it happened, God opened my eyes. The "bad cop" sales person said to us "how could you do this to your children?" Referring to not going into debt for MORE points. I was shocked but also moved.

These two ladies pushed and pursued us until we finally said our last "no" they tried different tricks, different gimmicks and different lours. They even brought our children's future into the mix.

I am not saying I enjoyed the pushing, but God did show me that as a Christ follower I need to pursue the lost person with the same zeal and enthusiasm, obviously with more tact. I had to really introspect to realize that these sales ladies were on to something that I need to get on to. The main difference is that my children and the children of millions of other people, their lives are on the line, we are not talking about a real estate deal, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LIVES that are destined for eternal separation from God if we (Christ followers) don't do something.

I am challenged.

1 comments:

Scott Crawford said...

great word philip. i hope we all are challenged to be the shining lighthouse God has called us to be.