I want to Throw Up

Something about church makes me want to throw up!

I am not talking about the body of Christ. I am talking about the organization of church. Just thinking about the politics alone brings that bad taste across my taste buds. Here are a few questions I have about church.

Who said that church had to look a certain way?
Who said that the people in the church had to look a certain way?
Who wrote the rules? (the ones that aren't in the Bible)
Who decided that it was the churches job to legislate morality? (Isn't it the churches job to introduce people to Jesus?)
Why is it we have to wear a shell at church? (Shouldn't church be the place we can be real?)
How did church staff and regular attenders get so perfect? (self righteously perfect)
Who in the world said you had to dress a certain way in order to attend church?
How did the church get power to judge and condemn?


I have plenty more questions but I will leave it here for now. Don't get me wrong, I love the church. I understand the Biblical responsibilities of the church. However, when we look around we see churches doing much more... abusing their rights versus teaching Scripture.

I lead a church and love the church. I say it is high time we give the church back to it's rightful owner...Jesus Christ. Jesus is the head of the church, not man.

If the religion of the church makes me want to throw up, I can only imagine what it does to Christ.

1 comments:

alyssa said...

Amen Brother Phillip! I've been throwing up about church for a while!!!