A Spoon full of Sugar

I need help! I have had this stuck in my head: "Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down,. the medicine go down..." You get the idea. This has been stuck in my head all week!

Where did it come from? How do I get rid of it? WHY ME?!?!

This crazy song from the movie "Mary Poppins" is absolutely annoying me! If you could only be in my mind now...it is terrible!

Interestingly enough. Through this song in my head I have had a revelation. Sometimes we don't want to swallow the medicine, maybe it taste bad or we just have a negative feeling about it because it is medicine. That is why Mary said a spoon full of sugar would help. Most people love sugar, why not!

Isn't that how we are with Scripture and God's commands some times? We know we need it. We know that just like the medicine, God's Word is good for us. However, we get hung up on how much time it takes and other excuses for the Word.

Today, add a spoon full of sugar to your Spiritual life. See, when taking the medicine the sugar really doesn't do anything, it just gives you a sweet beginning. Prepare yourself for God's Word. Get excited about it. Look forward to meeting with Him. Anticipate Him talking to you. Imagine what it would be like to have a one on one with God..."just a spoon full of sugar."

0 comments: