Not at Home-No Power

We've been out of power for...well, I don't have a concept of time anymore; we've been out a long time. Since our power went out we have grilled steaks and potato's on Bryan's wood burning fireplace (in his house)-Macguyver style.
We drove to Fayetteville and picked Mindy's sister up...scary...the drive!
We drove all the way to Avoca- which is in the far north east corner of Rogers. This is where Mindy's parents live. They have opened their home to us...they have power! Hallelujah!
We rocked out on rock band.
We have eaten a LOT of food...Thanks Arlene! (Mom in law).
We have played a lot of games.

Even though I love winter weather, I am ready to be home. Christina (Mindy's sister) said it best. "I feel like we are refugees." So true.

Hanging here at my in laws home is nice, but it is not my home. I will go to my home one day...hopefully soon! Do you see the familiarity? If you follow Christ, you are not at home.

I am excited to return home (my house), the same way I am excited for that, I... we should be excited about our permenant home (eternity). We should live as if we are only refugees, or visitors. If we lived like visitors, like Heaven is our home, we may be more excited about it. If we were more excited about home-Heaven, we may do more to help others have the same home.

Point: Get excited about home. Share Christ with others so they can have the same home...something to be excited about!

As for now, if you have a massive generator and want to power my house, give me a call! :)

1 comments:

alyssa said...

If yall wear your mom-in-law out, you are more than welcome over here...Just bring the Rockband : )