One night - no kids - oh yes!

My mother in law asked if my kids could spend the night with her last night...uh yeah!!!!!!! OF COURSE!
My wife and I had the evening to ourselves, we had a great time! Oh yes, we had a GREAT time! Even though I miss my girls it was worth it.

Mindy and I went to see Fireproof. I will only say it once...if you are married or if you think you ever will be married you need to see this movie.
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the film. I am by far no movie critic but I will share a couple of thoughts:

1. Clear presentation of the gospel
This movie clearly spelled out why we need Christ and how to receive Christ.

2. Clear practical instruction for how to "fireproof" your marriage.
I know that is the name of the movie, but it absolutely makes sense. I appreciated how real life it was.

3. From the gut - tear jerker.
I am by no stretch of the imagination a cryer. Especially not in movies. However, there were several scenes that grabbed me...deep down inside and tried to turn me inside out. Of course being a manly man...I tried hard to keep these emotions hidden trying to avoid manly embarrassment.

Overall I think this movie was a home run! You need to see this yourself and you need to take some friends...take some lost friends.

Back to my night alone with my wife. We had a great time at the movie where I snuck in my cheap diet coke and avoided paying $4.00 for a small popcorn. Then we enjoyed each other's company at home. There is something in alone time with your spouse. Not only did we have a great time, but we had great conversation. We connected at a deeper level. We shared thoughts, ideas, visions and concerns. We were whole hearted into each other!

Arlene, thanks for blessing us by taking the girls!
Mindy, thanks for being a rock star wife! You are truly a gift from God! I love you!

0 comments: