Guilty, Many Counts of Good Works

Do you get judged like I do? Whether to my face or behind my back people are judging me. Most of us judge other people.

I think about the religious of our day and from past years. It seems that their goal is to catch others in sin, in bad places doing bad things. In reading about Jesus, this is true even about Him so many years ago.

If we study Jesus we see that He lived a perfect-sinless life. So, when the religious tried to judge Him they had no ground to stand on. I love one response Jesus gives in John:

Again some of the people picked up stones to kill Jesus. 32 But he said to them, "I have done many good works from the Father. Which of these good works are you killing me for?" (John 10:31-32, emphasis mine)

Jesus said this around the time of the feist of dedication. People we asking Him to say that He is truly "Christ" or "The Messiah," He was explaining that He was. We find the above Srcipture after His statements.

I find several things interesting, here are a couple:

-In verse 31, it says "Again some of the people picked up stones..." Meaning, this had happened before. These people were quick to judge and condemn.

-Jesus was quick on His feet. He asked "Which of these good works are you killing me for?" I think I can hear Jesus sounding kind of smartalic-ish. I really almost laugh. It is such a great response.At the same time, I am challenged. Jesus knew that He was without sin. This tells me to do what God tells me to do. Avoid sin at all cost. If all someone can judge me for is good works, I am in great shape!

As a Christ Follower, I want to live by Jesus example. The religious people seem to be everywhere. Jesus lived without sin and did good works from and for The Father. Since most of us will not be able to avoid judgement from the religious. As Jesus didn't either. We should give good works as the only thing to be judged.

0 comments: