Are You Perfect?

Christians are by far, too perfect! Doesn't it seem like to be a "Christian" you have to nearly be sinless? Isn't there a pressure to be sinless? Many times that pressure pushes people away from faith in Christ, instead of to Him.

Personally, I could never live up to the standard that many religious people, churches and Christians in general put up. It is easy to get discouraged when we screw up. We feel like we will never be able to be those "perfect" Christians.

I work hard to be the person God wants me to be, but I don't think I will achieve perfection until Heaven. Even Paul struggled with sin. Look at Romans 7:14-25. The difference between Paul and some of us is that he identified this and relies on Jesus. Many of us rely on ourselves, our own righteousness.

As Christians, we need to accept people the way they are and introduce them to Jesus. We do this by living like Him and loving like Him. We don't do this by setting rules and regulations. Restrictions cause rebellion!

Jesus changed my life! However, it wasn't until I really started to get to know Jesus (11 years after I got saved) that He truly changed me. Why? I didn't allow it. Why didn't I want to? I was overcome with rules!

I don't want to be that arrogant, self righteous, stuck up, holier than thou christian. Why? That christian is chasing people away from Jesus. I want people to want to meet Jesus!

By the way Jesus didn't come to condemn the world. Why do many of us Christians feel like it is our job to?

0 comments: