Some Fine Competition

Competing for attention is probably not that great. BUT, when it comes to my daughters competing for mine, it is flattering!

Mindy was off to minister at the juvenile detention center last night so I had the opportunity for some alone time with my daughters. We had a great time! The highlight - even though this kind of competition is not healthy - was my daughters somewhat competing for me. Still makes me feel good inside. Just so you don't think I'm a bad dad, I did everything right. That's right I'm a perfect dad. Just kidding! I did not encourage competition, especially for my attention. I gave it to both of them freely!

Anyway back to my time with my girls. It was particularly special last night for some reason, as it is not like we are never alone together. The silly faces, the climbing up and over me as I laid on the floor, jumping on me and the continual wanting to mess up my hair. We had a great time!

When one of them would be giving me a hug the other then needed to do the same. It was quite flattering and cute - especially at this stage of their lives. I love my daughters! I am so thankful that God blessed me with them.

Since I think like this I do have to add this next few words: God, our father, what does God feel like? We are His children. Are we trying to be right in front of Him, trying to be the closest? I know how I feel with my daughters trying to be the closest to me. It feels so good. I want to give them more time and bless them in more ways. Wouldn't our Father - God, wouldn't He be the same? More so... Compete to be the closest to God today! Flatter Him in your attempt.

0 comments: