Live Loud, Rock and Roll!

As a Christian I have been called to represent Jesus. Is that it? Just represent Him? Nope. I have been called to something more than just representing Him. I will tell you that in a minute, first let me explain "representing Jesus".

Represent: "To present the likeness of" (dictionary.com).
As a Christ follower it is our job to represent Christ. To show Him through us. This can be very hard at times. Sometimes it is hard to represent Christ when someone says something rude to us or cuts us off in traffic. Sometimes we simply choose not to represent Christ because it may be easier the other way.

On the other hand, representing Christ can be made so much easier. Don't! Yup, that's what I said. Don't represent Him. I will explain: In John we are told that if we keep His words He will make His home in us. We see in this passage that Jesus lives in us and it is because of Him that we live. So, my statement comes from this thought. If Jesus makes His home in us then we don't need to try to represent Him. We need to live, and the only way we can live is through Him. He is our life.

Now I sound like some seminary graduate...confusing. Allow me to simplify: When you wake up, give you day to Jesus, remember that He lives in you, allow Him to be in control. You will naturally represent Jesus as He is living through you. How about that?!

Now, what is that other thing I have been called to do for Jesus? Rock and roll for Him! Nope, I'm not in a rock band. I just like that term. I have been called to rock and roll for Jesus- Abide in Him, allow Him to manifest Himself in me and rock for Him!

We have many different things we can be passionate about. When we are passionate about something we rock it! We need to get passionate about Jesus and rock and roll for Him. Or, as my favorite saying goes...we need to "shake and bake" for Jesus! How about we put them together and make it that much more serious? We need to rock and roll and shake and bake for Jesus!

Are you doing this? Today, let Jesus live through you. Live loud! Rock and roll!

0 comments: