Kickin' the Can - Embarrassed

Do you remember what it feels like to truly be embarrassed?

Last night I spoke for a connection group for just a few minutes regarding a ministry opportunity. I went in with a great attitude looking forward to the time and the results. However, I came out embarrassed, feeling pathetic and acting to myself like I had a low self-image.

I was off from the start. My mind was all over the place, I could not hold a normal conversation, I was not talking to other people the way I normally would. I was off. Then, I got on the stage...before I say the next point, just know I speak a lot, in front of nearly every different age group and number of people. I love speaking in front of people. Anyway, I got on the stage, was introduced and then I spoke...not sure what all I said I just know I spoke. That spot in my memory is kind of dark. What I do remember is the beads of sweat rolling from my forehead and the feelings like the group was dead.

The time ended and all was well, good results were gathered. I got in the car trying to reenact the experience and absolutely beating myself over it. Then these words came belting through my car radio: "You got blood on your face, your a big disgrace, kicking your can all over the place..." Yes, you know it. That line stuck into my head and pulled me down even more.

Please keep in mind, I talk to people a lot. I LOVE speaking! It is quite possibly my favorite thing to do. And, I normally have a pretty good self-image. I am not the type to beat myself up.

What was the problem? Simple: Not speaking in the Spirit.

I went in to the meeting just fine, good attitude and all. I went through my moments terribly and left even worse. I didn't prepare. How else could I have prepared? This is my deal. Preparation in the Spirit.

I don't do ministry. God does ministry through me with His Spirit. I can't do it...clearly. He does it through me and I wasn't prepared. In other words, I had not given the time to Him and invited Him to rock it for me.

My days are rockin' when I have invited The Spirit to rule them, when I have given full control to Him. I can't make anything good. God's Spirit makes good though, and sometimes He does it through me.

You don't have to feel the way I did. Get in The Spirit. Ask God to rule and reside in and over you. Give Him full and complete control. Guess what? This takes full pressure off of you. How relaxing is that?!!

0 comments: