Before I was born the Lord called me to serve Him

My wife sent this passage of Scripture to me this morning. She sent it to me for me to read and believe for myself, as if I wrote it. What a great encouragement!

I want you to know that I love and appreciate my wife! I thank God for Mindy every day!

Enjoy.

Isaiah 49:1-6
All of you people in far away places, listen to me. Listen all you nations
far away.
Before I was born, the Lord called me to serve Him.

He made my tongue like a sharp sword. He hid me in the shadow of
his hand. He made me like a sharp arrow. He hid me in the holder for
his arrows.

He told me, "Israel, you are my servant. I will show my glory
through you." But I said, "I have worked hard for nothing; I have used
all my power, but I did nothing useful. But the Lord will decide what
my work is worth; God will decide my reward."

The Lord made me in the body of my mother to be his servant, to lead
the people of Jacob back to him so that Israel might be gathered to
him. The Lord will honor me, and I will get my strength from my God.

Now he told me, "You are an important servant to me to bring back the
tribes of Jacob, to bring back the people of Israel who are left alive.
But, more importantly, I will make you a light for all nations to show
people all over the world the way to be saved."

0 comments: