11th Rep

When you were growing up did you have growing pains? I don't think I ever really did. When I think about it though, I suppose it makes sense, when you grow 3, 4, or even 5 inches in a year, that could be hard on your body and could probably hurt a bit.

I have been on a journey here lately asking God to grow me in different areas. One area I have been asking God for growth in is leadership, which includes administration and organization as well. I have not been bad in these areas, actually I feel that I have been pretty good. The problem is that I have not been great, so that is why I am working and asking God for help.

Immediately into my new journey God began to show me areas to improve. I have been very excited because I am getting tips, methods and strategies for how to be better. Then it hit, yesterday...

What's that they say? In a set of 10 the 11th rep hurts the most but the gives the most gain? Yes. I don't like that. I got an 11th rep yesterday, and I'm sure there are more to come.

I had a situation within my ministry that is like that 11th rep. I think the timing is funny, but at the same time I am ticked that it hurts. I want to grow in this area, I have been asking God to help me and grow me, and He is! I guess I just didn't want the growing pains.

The good news is that through the pain I already see results, growth! I am stoked! I am facing it full force and moving towards it rather than away from it.

The saying is: "Pain is weakness leaving the body." So true! What is it that your are putting off so you don't have to experience the pain of growth?

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

0 comments: