Wake Up!

I enjoy watching football, particularly NFL. I am a college fan as well, just not as much as the NFL...especially the Giants!

Last Sunday I watched parts of a couple of games. One game that I referred to earlier in the week in another blog was the Colts vs. the Jags. The Colts are my second favorite team and I could care less about the Jags, even with an ex Razorback druggy on the team. Naturally, I was cheering for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Towards the end of the game, only about 2 minutes or so left, the Colts came from behind and barely got ahead. This whole part of the game was so intense for me, I could barely sit down. When the points were scored I was... very excited to say the least. I thought the game was over at that point. I celebrated and in my celebration my lovely wife says:

"It is amazing how people can get so excited about something that doesn't matter to them personally. I wish people would get more excited about Jesus."

This is not a perfect quote, but it's pretty close.

At that moment I simply agreed. And went on in my celebration. Sometime later in the week some show or something came on and my wife got excited about it so I said:

"I wish people would get that excited about Jesus"

And it was funny. But that is not the point. Here is the point:

We should be more excited about Jesus than anything else in the whole world. Here is the play by play: Here is a guy that straight up died for each of us on the cross... He was nailed to beams of wood... for us! He was mocked, spat on, beat, battered, stabbed and killed, dying one of the most brutal and painful deaths, for us!

Now, we all have the opportunity to serve and live for Him. Why wouldn't we? He died for us.

As Christians we should not be able to stay seated out of excitement for Jesus. God created us, sent His only Son to die for us, saved us. And here we are, boring old Christians. Come on!

The challenge for all of us: WAKE UP, and GET EXCITED ABOUT JESUS!!!! Talk to Him, live for Him, read His Word (The Bible), TELL OTHERS ABOUT HIM!

GET EXCITED ABOUT JESUS!!!!

0 comments: