A Special Day

This morning my 4 year old came running into the room, ran straight to me and latched on to me in quite possibly the biggest hug I have ever gotten from her.

A birthday hug that made the entire 1 year older thing worth it. I filled up with joy and had to restrain the tears of happiness and love. My heart was touched.

The morning has been absolutely great! My lovely wife, my favorite breakfast, decorations and gifts. What more can one ask for?

For some reason this year I had not been that excited about my birthday. I haven't even been excited about gifts...what is up with that?! It's not like I am really old or something. Maybe it has just been the business and distraction.

Even though my excitement level was not up, this day has turned to be one of the best birthday's ever!

This has gotten me to thinking...as I always do.

A lot of birthday's for many people mean a lot of presents, parties and attention. For some if they didn't get exactly everything they put on their "list" than they are devastated. For others if they don't get the most expensive of everything they are crushed. For me, this year was different. I didn't come in expecting a whole pile of expensive gifts or an outrageous party. It was almost just another day. Until...

The joy of the Lord filled my soul! Does that sound traditionally religious or what?! I have everything I ever wanted: An intimate relationship with Jesus, a FABULOUS wife and 2 daughters that love me.

Today my joy did not come from ripping the paper off of the newest gadget. My joy came from the Holy Spirit living in my life and the love that was given to me on my "special day" from my family.

Still morning time I am already reflecting on my day, my birthday. Here is the break down:

My wife and daughters are my gift from God- I am incredibly blessed!

Thanks to my family, definitely my wife and daughters this birthday has earned it's place in my personal birthday hall of fame.

If there are candles to be blown, my wish will be for tomorrow and every following day the be the same. Days filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit and love in my family.

It may not be your birthday today, but that doesn't mean it can't be a "special day" for you too.

0 comments: